Arts Council England updates on Brexit
ACE has commissioned two surveys of culture sector organisations as well as a study of EU funding for culture in England.
· The impact of Brexit on the arts and culture sector: 2018
· The arts and culture sector and exit from the European Union
· Assessing the European Union’s contribution to the arts, museums & creative industries in England
ACE has used this evidence to support its work with government to help ensure we get the best deal for culture.
Its surveys suggest the most important areas of focus are:
· Ensuring the continuation of the £40m a year the sector receives each year in EU funding
· Changes to ease of movement affecting international touring and booking international artists to perform in the UK
· An increase in costs and barriers for moving objects and instruments in international tours or museum lending due to changes in customs agreements
· The continuation of legal frameworks important to the creative sector, such as copyright, Artists Resale Right, employment and taxation legislation.
ACE will be publishing further guidance for artists and organisations in England to help minimise disruption.
Administrator for website